Thursday, October 13, 2016

Remodel / Bathroom Tiles

Who knew there were so many variations of the same tile: size (2x5, 3x6, 4x12, 4x16, 8x12, 12x12 etc), finish (matte, gloss), color, etc. After seeing a few in person, we liked the idea of a larger and wider tile. Though Jason is still undecided with the pattern choice (stacked, staggered, or herringbone), I thought the wider tiles look better stacked. The smaller ones would do best with staggered and herringbone pattern.

Since the project starts next week, we had to get all the materials ready. We bought some samples at Home Depot and Lowes yesterday. Then today, I dropped by the Tile Depot since it was on my way home from work. Jason thought because the space was small and we weren't updating anything, we could splurge a bit. And he wanted to make sure I was happy with our pick. At the store, I got lost in the aisles and aisles of wall and floor tiles. And for a hot second, I thought about changing the design. But, I stuck with our choice and borrowed some samples to take home. I still like the idea of a herringbone pattern but I wonder if that's just a fad. Just be safe and go classic. Staggered or stacked. I think we'll decide up to the very minute they're mixing grout and ready to assemble.

Tile Depot
2129 Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, CA 91733

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig