Sunday, August 3, 2014

Remodel / Our House (When We Moved In)

In the previous post, it was all about how the house looked before we moved in. Now, you have to remember that in the early 2000s, Pottery Barn was all the rage. The brown neutral colors with large sofas and tables were in style. I saved catalogs from Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. I clipped them and made mood boards. I wanted to live in those stores. I tried my best and made the house look like it the catalogs. I think I achieved it, to an extent. I LOVED it. But now, looking back, everything was too big. Too dark. Too traditional. Too much leather. It would have looked better in a larger home. As a result, I fell into that first-time home buyer pitfall and bought everything in sight. I now know that I need to edit. Buy one piece at at a time and see if it fits. Keep it simple and in proportion to the space.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig