I signed up for dessert for Friendsgiving so I opted to make pumpkin pie, which I've never done before. Can I say it was super easy?
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk (or half and half)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, mix filling ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Serve or refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.